No one wants to stop reading in the middle of a good story. Hence, Part 2 for King Josiah’s life story. In 2 Kings 23:1-30, we witness a man on fire for God with a mission for God’s holiness. King Josiah’s reign recorded in this chapter provides us with fourteen more godly examples to follow. Between 2 Kings 22 and 23, I found, count ‘em, 24 godly examples from King Josiah’s life. How many am I following in my life? Not nearly enough…
1) Vs. 1 Have a godly support system.
2) Vs. 2 Put God in the center of your business.
3) Vs. 2 Read God’s word.
4) Vs. 2 Share God’s Word with everyone in your circle of influence.
5) Vs. 3 Personally choose God for your life.
6) Vs. 3 Live out a deep faith that consumes our hearts and our souls.
7) Vs. 3 Set the example and the atmosphere for others to choose God.
8) Vs. 4-16 Get rid of idols from our past and present that threaten our future with God.
9) Vs. 21-23 Celebrate in a corporate setting what God has done for us.
10) Vs. 24 Distance yourself from people that will pull you away from God.
11) Vs. 24 Live according to God’s word as your instructional manual.
12) Vs. 25 May our reputation with the LORD precede us and follow us.
13) Vs. 25 Follow the LORD.
14) Vs. 30 Make our stand for the LORD.
2 Kings 23:3
The king stood by the pillar and renewed the covenant in the presence of the LORD- to follow the LORD and keep his commands, regulations and decrees with all his heart and all his soul, thus confirming the words of the covenant written in this book. Then all the people pledged themselves to the covenant.